We’ve released version 3.1 of the Plugin Builder for QGIS 3.x. This version contains a number of bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Here are some of the changes included since version 3.0.3:
- Fix issue with reload on generated plugins
- Move dialog creation to run method to improve startup performance
- Move help file generation files to proper method
- Include missing tags file
- Attempt to compile resources.qrc when plugin is generated (requires pyrcc5 in
- Set deployment directory in Makefile based on user OS (pb_tool is recommended
- Check for valid URL format for tracker and repository
Compiling Resource File
If you have the resource compiler pyrcc5 in your path, the resource file will be compiled automatically when you generate your
new plugin. This means it’s ready to deploy and test without any further steps.
Although a Makefile is created when you generate a new plugin, you are encouraged to use
pb_tool for compiling, deploying, and
managing your plugins. It runs everywhere and simplifies your plugin development.
pb_tool works with both Python 2.x and 3.x.
http://g-sherman.github.io/plugin_build_tool/ for information.
Installing Plugin Builder
You can install Plugin Builder 3.1 from the Plugins -> Manage and Install Plugins… menu. Version 3.1 works on QGIS versions 3.0 and up.
Plugin Builder Links
Pull requests and code contributions are encouraged.