Plugin Builder 2.8 is now available. This is a minor update that adds:
- Suggestion for setting up an issue tracker and creating a code repository
- Suggestion for a home page
- Tag selection from a list of current tags
- Documentation update, including information about using pb_tool to compile, deploy, and package your plugin
- New URLs for Plugin Builder's home page and bug tracking
Optional is now Recommended
In previous versions the following items were "Optional" when creating a new plugin:
- Bug tracker
- Home page
We've changed those from "Optional" to "Recommended" because they are important for the success and longevity of your plugin(s). Setting up a code repository on GitHub automatically gives you issue tracking and the ability for others to collaborate with fixes and enhancements through pull requests.
Using GitHub also gives you the ability to setup a home page right from your repository using GitHub pages.
Adding one or more tags to your plugin helps people find them easier when browsing the QGIS Plugins website.
You can install Plugin Builder 2.8 from the Plugins -> Manage and Install Plugins... menu. Version 2.8 works on QGIS versions 2.0 and up.